Floors And Walls
Trendy and modern homes have visual appeal, and stylish designs and interior decor have become vital. The floors and walls of living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, and bathrooms are adorned in multiple colours and patterns. Cooking areas in particular have become very fashionable, and high quality kitchen tiles are integral to them. The installers extend a range of flooring and tiling designs that extend from minimal to ornate. Customers with taste and individuality opt for a fine balance between comfort, beauty, and versatility.
- Both walls and floors can be fitted with different types of glossy and colourful materials.
- Porcelain and ceramic are the two highly popular surfaces for modern kitchen spaces.
- Wall tiles are thinner and delicate, and they should never be installed on the floors.
- Ensure that the tiling material is soft, and always chose designer quality over durability.
- Glass is also suggested by interior designers due to its brittleness and transparency.
- The tiles have to be small and accessible to facilitate easy maintenance and cleaning.
- Kitchen materials that are water resistant tend to last longer than other attachments.
How To Install
A professional installer or experienced mason is well qualified to handle different types of bathroom and kitchen tiles. The wall fixtures or backsplashes, made of ceramic, porcelain, or mosaic, require careful installation. The following instructions and safety measures come in handy during the actual procedure-
- Keep the kitchen space as empty as possible by removing utensils and appliances.
- Switch off the power supply, and plug all the outlets that are in and around the vicinity.
- The walls should be dry wiped, cleaned, washed, or de-glossed as necessary.
- The high quality tile adhesives like mortar and grout have to be thin and freshly combed.
- Experts work in small sections to maintain the joint alignment and spacing accuracy.
- Full mortar contact is assured through back and forth movements at the back of tiles.
- The mortar coverage ranges from 80% to 95% depending on wall’s dryness or wetness.
- Best practises and consummate masonry can deliver a beautiful and gap free tiling.
- Perfect integrity and absence of lippage or height difference is final proof of expertise.
The cooking area is an important part of any residential house, office cafeteria, restaurant or hotel. The wall designs not only beautify, but also inspire the chefs and casual cooks to prepare steaming hot recipes. The aesthetic kitchen tiles create a pleasant ambience, and set the mood for a distinctive session of tasteful cooking. The top 3 significant features that determine the quality of claddings and tiles are listed here –
- Size – The options include small, medium, and large sizes and the shapes are generally square or rectangular. The common and smaller tile sizes are normally found on walls of residential kitchens as they create attractive patterns.
- Finish – The popular finishes are polished, Rotto, metallic, satin, sugar hone and rustic. Glossy, semi-glossy, and Matte finishes are more suitable for light brown/white colours.
- Brand – The popular brands market and sell speciality wall tiles with bands, borders, and listellos. They add extra visual appeal by enhancing the look through a shiny surface.
Stylish kitchen tiles convey taste, and their beauty is determined by softness, gloss, and colour. Designer wall attachments are soft and water resistant, and expert installers deliver high quality decor. They fix and finish the branded ceramic or porcelain tiles without alignment or height errors. These colourful and smooth backsplashes are easy to maintain, wipe or wash.